A Study Of Luke - Chapter 10 The Old And New Covenants
Without the New the Old Testament is incomplete. Without the Old the New Testament has no foundation.
1. We live on a completed side of the Crucifixion, under the New Covenant.
2. In the New Covenant, God saves us by grace through faith, and that not of ourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any should boast.
3. Our works may demonstrate our faith but they are not more important to God than our faith.
4. If we live out our Christian life to honor Him, to glorify Him, and anticipate His goodness in our lives, our faith pleases God.
5. Old Testament people of faith had no idea how incredible life fulfilled by a personal relationship with God would be.
6. We are blessed.