Overview of 1st Corinthians (Unrighteous Lifestyles)
1. It is easy to criticize the sins of others when their sins are more egregious than our own; it's the pot calling the kettle black.
2. Instead, we must realize all sin is an affront to God and fits into the category of ungodly and unrighteous behavior.
3. Wise people examine their own hearts then remove anything hurting their fellowship with God.
4. The unwise justify their behavior rather than consider whether that behavior is an indication they are separated from God and in need of reconciliation.
5. Those who choose their sin over God's salvation will not inherit eternal life.